Profile of the Narcissistic Sociopath
Think you can spot a sociopath/psychopath? Think again.
According to experts, this behavior affects 3% to 5% of the population, which could mean more than15 million people in the USA with these characteristics, or up to 1 in 20 people – higher percentages than one might realize.
In general, psychopaths come from all walks of life. They’re our friends, lovers, co-workers and leaders. They’re outgoing and persuasive, dazzling you with charm and flattery. Knowing the profile characteristics might help you to avoid being scammed or hurt by someone you trust. Or, you might already be in a situation and are confused by the others behavior. Be aware of the characteristics. Be smart.
What is a narcissistic sociopath?
- A narcissistic sociopath is someone with a combination of narcissistic personality disorder and definitive behavioral signs of sociopathy.
- People with narcissism are characterized by their excessive and persistent need for others’ admiration and positive reinforcement. They generally have grandiose opinions of themselves and believe they are superior to other people. Narcissists are also frequently convinced that they are above the normal responsibilities and obligations of everyday life, so they usually have significant difficulties maintaining employment or relationships as a result.
- The narcissistic sociopath has this type of personality along with a noticeable lack of regard for the rights of others and a tendency to regularly violate those rights.
One noted difference between a narcissistic sociopath and people with narcissism alone is that:
- The narcissist with the sociopathy reacts strongly and sometimes even violently to negative feedback. True sociopaths generally do not respond to criticism or care what others may think of them.
- A narcissistic sociopath is unable to tolerate criticism and needs constant praise, as well as deference from other people. Many with this condition present themselves in the best light possible and are able to easily charm others to gain their trust.
THE MALIGNANT PERSONALITY: These people are mentally ill and extremely dangerous! The following precautions will help to protect you from the destructive acts of which they are capable. To recognize them, keep the following guidelines in mind:
(1) They are habitual liars. They seem incapable of either knowing or telling the truth about anything.
(2) They are egotistical to the point of narcissism. They really believe they are set apart from the rest of humanity by some special grace.
(3) They scapegoat; they are incapable of either having the insight or willingness to accept responsibility for anything they do. Whatever the problem, it is always someone else’s fault.
(4) They are remorselessly vindictive when thwarted or exposed.
(5) Genuine religious, moral, or other values play no part in their lives. They have no empathy for others and are capable of violence. Under older psychological terminology, they fall into the category of psychopath or sociopath, but unlike the typical psychopath, their behavior is masked by a superficial social facade.
For more and for update from http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html
Profile of the Sociopath
This information is copied from the website http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html
- Glibness and Superficial Charm
- Manipulative and Cunning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.
- Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as “their right.”
- May state readily that their goal is to rule the world
- Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.
- Not concerned about wrecking others’ lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.
- A Sociopath is always “pitting” people against each other. My Sociopath
- Smear Campaign: A Sociopath will always be smearing someone and inciting people against each other. Sociopaths do not want people to like or get along with each other and will try to “divide and conquer.” They will say odd things to people in the social group: “She doesn’t like you” or “She doesn’t want me doing anything with you.” My Sociopath
- Sociopath has a strange network of Support People ranging from “consultants,” to skilled-workers, to enabling co-dependents that back him up when he wants to go after his Target. Most of the Support People have their own Psychological problems. My Sociopath.
- No conscience. Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt.
- Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.
- The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.
- Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.
- Incapable of real human attachment to another
- Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
- Drama King: There is always conflict going on in a Sociopath’s life and it involves a “bad person,” “bad business” or “bad transaction.” My Sociopath.
- Callousness/Lack of Empathy
- The Idealization-Devaluation-Discard Phase – 1) Praise/pedestal, 2) tear-down, 3) discard.
- Gaslighting – a technique abusers use to convince you that your perception of the abuse is inaccurate. During the devaluation and discard phases, the narcissist will often invalidate and criticize your emotions, and displace any blame of his or her abuse as your fault. Frequent use of phrases such as “You provoked me,” “You’re too sensitive,” “I never said that,” or “You’re taking things too seriously” after the narcissists’ abusive outbursts are common and are used to gaslight you into thinking that the abuse is indeed your fault or that it never even took place.
- Smear Campaigns – used to accomplish three things: 1) it depicts you as the abuser or unstable person and deflects your accusations of abuse; 2) it provokes you into responding, thus proving your instability to others when trying to argue his or her depiction of you; and 3) serves as a hoovering technique in which the narcissist seeks to pull you back into the trauma of the relationship as you struggle to reconcile the rumors about you with who you actually are by speaking out against the accusations. Best solution: NO CONTACT.
- Triangulation – In the book Psychopath Free by Peace, the method of triangulation is discussed as a popular way the narcissist maintains control over your emotions. Triangulation consists of bringing the presence of another person into the dynamic of the relationship, whether it be an ex-lover, a current mistress, a relative, or a complete stranger.
- The False Self and the True Self – The narcissist hides behind the armor of a “false self,” a construct of qualities and traits that he or she usually presents to the outside world to gain admiration and attention. Due to this armor, you are unlikely to comprehend the full extent of a narcissist’s inhumanity and lack of empathy until you are in the discard phase.
Website: Five Sneaky Things Narcissists do to Take Advantage of You for the full information.
Excerpts from The Gray Rock method of dealing with psychopaths
“When dealing with malignant narcissists, psychopaths, sociopaths, borderlines, drama queens, stalkers and other emotional vampires, it’s commonly advised that no response is the best response to unwanted attention. This is often true and No Contact (the avoidance of all communication) should be used whenever possible.
There are some situations however, when No Contact is not feasible…
So, how do we escape this parasitical leech without triggering his vindictive rage? Gray Rock is primarily a way of encouraging a psychopath, a stalker or other emotionally unbalanced person, to lose interest in you. It differs from No Contact in that you don’t overtly try to avoid contact with these emotional vampires. Instead, you allow contact but only give boring, monotonous responses so that the parasite must go elsewhere for his supply of drama.
Website: The Gray Rock method of dealing with psychopaths for the full article.
Site that offers true-life articles: http://esteemology.com/
Inside the Mind of a Sociopath:
Excerpt from: “The Sociopath Next Door: The Ruthless vs. the Rest of Us” by Martha Stout Ph.D.
“Imagine – if you can – not having a conscience, none at all, no feelings of guilt or remorse no matter what you do, no limiting sense of concern of the well-being of strangers, friends, or even family members. Imagine no struggles with shame, not a single one in your whole life, no matter what kind of selfish, lazy, harmful, or immoral action you had taken. And pretend that the concept of responsibility is unknown to you, except as a burden others seem to accept without question, like gullible fools. Now add to this strange fantasy the ability to conceal from other people that your psychological makeup is radically different from theirs. Since everyone simply assumes that conscience is universal among human beings, hiding the fact that you are conscience-free is nearly effortless. You are not held back from any of your desires by guilt or shame, and you are never confronted by others for your cold-bloodlessness. The ice water in your veins is so bizarre, so completely outside of their personal experience that they seldom even guess at your condition.”
…or – maybe, best of all – (you) create situations that cause them to feel bad about themselves. And this is power, especially when the people you manipulate are superior to you in some way. Most invigorating of all is to bring down people who are smarter or more accomplished than you, or perhaps classier, more attractive or popular or morally admirable. This is not only good fun; it is existential vengeance. And without a conscience, it is amazingly easy to do.”
“Provided you are not forcibly stopped, you can do anything at all. If you are born at the right time, with some access to family fortune, and you have a special talent for whipping up other people’s hatred and sense of deprivation, you can arrange to kill large numbers of unsuspecting people. With enough money, you can accomplish this from far away, and you can sit back safely and watch in satisfaction. In fact, terrorism (done from a distance) is the ideal occupation for a person who is possessed of blood lust and no conscience, because if you do it just right, you may be able to make a whole nation jump. And if that is not power, what is?”
Antisocial Personality Disorder Overview (Written by Derek Wood, RN, BSN, PhD Candidate)
There currently is no form of psychotherapy that works with those with antisocial personality disorder, as those with this disorder have no desire to change themselves, which is a prerequisite.
Over time, she says, “their appearance of perfection will begin to crack,” but by that time you will have been emotionally and perhaps financially scathed.
Taken in part from MW — By Caroline Konrad — September 1999
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIVE LINKS:
The people that she has connections are in the same boat that she is.
Oh my gosh, Debra! I’m so sorry you suffered through your husband’s hateful sickness. I’m glad you left him and started a new life, a new adventure.
I want you to know that you are not your experiences. That horrible situation and your ex-husband do not determine your True Worth, an Eternal Spirit, loved by God now and forever. You are a fabulous being and you are now at the stage of freedom where you must decide to make your own choices in order to create the life you desire. Never give that freedom of choice away!
First, envision what you want as a desired result in your life, then work backwards to determine what choices you make (cause), to result in your chosen goal (effect).
You can do this. And never, ever, give away your freedom to choose for yourself. That right is yours alone.
Remember, you are loved and you are love.
God bless you.
| Debra Salinas
Submitted on 2015/04/09 at 11:03 am
OMG,,,, I just escaped from a sociopath. My husband, Tom Salinas who terrorized me and had total control of me. I was under his control for 12 years. The last time he may me,.he broke both my arms. He then the me to the floor,.Brooke my phone so I couldn’t call for help. After he broke my arms, he walked up to me . I looked up st him and started.being him to help me. I was so vulnerable and unable to protect myself from him. I put my arms under my body. I was so scared he would try to pull me up by arms, which was his usual favorite form of beating. Pull me up and throw me around. My arms were so badly broken, Mr hands were useless,they just kind of flopped outward at an unnatural way. I was crying begging him to please help me. But my sobbing and begging seemed to make him feel bigger, almost God like. He didn’t help. Instead, he began to kick me.in my face. He kept kicking me for about 5-10 minutes fracturing my face in three places. Ignoring my cries of pain. I began to yell for help. We lived in an apartment. I began yelling he was beating me and both my arms were broken. No body responded. Desperate,.I changed my cries from “Help!” To “oh my God, Herr just set the the house on fire. Somebody please call 9-1-1. Oh my God fire!”
He stopped kicking me.and grabbed my l hair backward so I was looking at him. I swear I was looking at the gave of Satan. He was almost put oh breath when he.asked me if I was going to stop screaming. I nodded yes and and as soon as let go of my hair, I jumped up and ran out of the apartment. Every one who lives in the building was outside and told me 911 was on the way. I was hospitalized for over two months and after weeks in casts, both my arms had to be rebroken and plates and screws were used in both arms. That’s what holds my hands to.my arms.
I stayed away from him for 14 months. He was indicted by the grand jury.who changed him with four felony counts. He found me a couple weeks before the trial and kept me from testifying. But that is a whole new story.
He never apologized. He says I made the whole thing up in my head. He tries to get me to believe I fell.
Six weeks ago, I escaped (again). This time it’s different.. I know who and what he is.. Sociopaths get their victims away friends and family and use brainwashing behavior so we can’t get away.
I’m healing well. I filed for divorce and have a strict no contact order of protection.for a year. I moved to a different part of town and my address is strictly protected.
Anyone who thinks they are being victimize. And under the control of a sociopath, get out NOW!!! I escaped with only two suitcases. I left my car and a house full if furniture. That was something I I didn’t want to ssh. He has everything. I don’t care about those things any more. He was found to kill me if I didn’t just run.
Also, if you’re ever attacked,v dint cry for help, yell “Fire!” People will respond quick and fast cause fire invokes their safety.
Tom Salinas is from Chicago. He lives in Tempe.Arizona. Getting caught up with him may cost your life. He is charming and romantic and cleans up well, I’m so happy to finally be free.
II used to think the good times were and how loved and desired he mate me feel, the abuse was worth it. Not now. I wish I had escaped years ago. I lost so much. My marriage and all he made me believe was never real. . I was never a wife, I was only his victim. All lies and deceit.
What kind of a moron are you?
Thank you Ann for your valued help on this. I truly feel my heart go out to you, the pain I have in me from the last 7 years is hard to describe and it’s become just as difficult to get over. I am still haunted by him, he continually keeps emailing me, even without a response from me in the last months we have been apart, still trying to put me down, or taunt me that he will pay back the money he owes me, or saying things like “i bet you can’t stop thinking about me, i bet im on your mind every day, good or bad, you think of me hahaha” – God help us. I hope we never experience or have the misfortune of encountering others who are this way. It’s taken such a toll on my life and emotionally that 10 months later, i still am having a hard time to trust anyone or move on or even go out to enjoy life.. i’m still in a state of shock. I wish you well and after 30years i salute you for the way you have been able to move on with your life. God bless.
Please do NOT waver… do NOT go back. Seven years is long enough unlike myself who actually married such a man, had a family and lived a hell on earth for 30 years before HE found HIS soul mate and dumped me and the two children left at home telling them he had raised his family and now had a new one. Being in a business of our (excuse me HIS own) he was able to manipulate funds and such so we ended up with nearly nothing to live on, refused child support and threatened my safety should I seek it… of course there was no alimony He tricked me into signing a legal paper giving me almost nothing.
Even divorced he continued to be a threat both to me and our two youngest sons and until I met my present husband was, IMO, a danger to all of us.
Don’t regret the 7 years you lost. Be thankful you didn’t marry him and rejoice you have life left to start over.
| Psychologist: Ben Carson Is Wrong about Obama Being a Psychopath, He’s Actually A… – The Political Insider
Submitted on 2015/03/27 at 7:07 am
[…] narcissistic sociopath on the other hand, has “a noticeable lack of regard for the rights of others and a tendency […]
Of course you realize that it is your choice whether or not you continue to date that person. What do you choose for the kind of life you want for yourself?
Submitted on 2015/03/12 at 11:42 am
NOTE: For ALL COMMENTS CLICK HERE & scroll the page