Posted on Updated on

Profile of the Narcissistic Sociopath

Think you can spot a sociopath/psychopath? Think again.

According to experts, this behavior affects 3% to 5% of the population, which could mean more than 15 million people in the USA with these characteristics, or up to 1 in 20 people – higher percentages than one might realize. The people affected are millions more. Are you one of them?

Sociopath-imageIn general, psychopaths come from all walks of life. They’re our friends, lovers, co-workers and leaders. They’re outgoing and persuasive, dazzling you with charm and flattery.  Knowing the profile characteristics might help you to avoid being scammed or hurt by someone you trust. Or, you might already be in a situation and are confused by the others behavior.  Be aware of the characteristics.  Be smart.

What is a narcissistic sociopath?
  • A narcissistic sociopath is someone with a combination of narcissistic personality disorder and definitive behavioral signs of sociopathy.
  • People with narcissism are characterized by their excessive and persistent need for others’ admiration and positive reinforcement. They generally have grandiose opinions of themselves and believe they are superior to other people. Narcissists are also frequently convinced that they are above the normal responsibilities and obligations of everyday life, so they usually have significant difficulties maintaining employment or relationships as a result.
  • The narcissistic sociopath has this type of personality along with a noticeable lack of regard for the rights of others and a tendency to regularly violate those rights.

One noted difference between a narcissistic sociopath and people with narcissism alone is that:

• The narcissist with the sociopathy reacts strongly and sometimes even violently to negative feedback. True sociopaths generally do not respond to criticism or care what others may think of them.
  • A narcissistic sociopath is unable to tolerate criticism and needs constant praise, as well as deference from other people. Many with this condition present themselves in the best light possible and are able to easily charm others to gain their trust.

THE MALIGNANT PERSONALITY:  These people are mentally ill and extremely dangerous! The following precautions will help to protect you from the destructive acts of which they are capable.  To recognize them, keep the following guidelines in mind:

(1) They are habitual liars. They seem incapable of either knowing or telling the truth about anything.

(2) They are egotistical to the point of narcissism. They really believe they are set apart from the rest of humanity by some special grace.

(3) They scapegoat; they are incapable of either having the insight or willingness to accept responsibility for anything they do. Whatever the problem, it is always someone else’s fault.

(4) They are remorselessly vindictive when thwarted or exposed.

(5) Genuine religious, moral, or other values play no part in their lives. They have no empathy for others and are capable of violence. Under older psychological terminology, they fall into the category of psychopath or sociopath, but unlike the typical psychopath, their behavior is masked by a superficial social facade.

For more and for update from http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

Profile of the Sociopath

This information is copied from the website http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

• Glibness and Superficial Charm
  • Manipulative and Cunning
    They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.
  • Grandiose Sense of Self
    Feels entitled to certain things as “their right.”
  • May state readily that their goal is to rule the world
  • Pathological Lying
    Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.
  • Not concerned about wrecking others’ lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.
  • A Sociopath is always “pitting” people against each other. My Sociopath
  • Smear Campaign:  A Sociopath will always be smearing someone and inciting people against each other.  Sociopaths do not want people to like or get along with each other and will try to “divide and conquer.”  They will say odd things to people in the social group: “She doesn’t like you” or “She doesn’t want me doing anything with you.” My Sociopath
  • Sociopath has a strange network of Support People ranging from “consultants,” to skilled-workers, to enabling co-dependents that back him up when he wants to go after his Target. Most of the Support People have their own Psychological problems. My Sociopath.
  • No conscience. Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt.
  • Believe they are all-powerful all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.
  • The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.
  • Shallow Emotions When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.
  • Incapable of real human attachment to another
  • Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
  • Authoritarian
  • Secretive
  • Paranoid
  • Drama King:  There is always conflict going on in a Sociopath’s life and it involves a “bad person,” “bad business” or “bad transaction.” My Sociopath.
  • Callousness/Lack of Empathy

For complete list: http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

Inside the Mind of a Sociopath:

Excerpt from: “The Sociopath Next Door: The Ruthless vs. the Rest of Us” by Martha Stout Ph.D.

“Imagine – if you can – not having a conscience, none at all, no feelings of guilt or remorse no matter what you do, no limiting sense of concern of the well-being of strangers, friends, or even family members.  Imagine no struggles with shame, not a single one in your whole life, no matter what kind of selfish, lazy, harmful, or immoral action you had taken.  And pretend that the concept of responsibility is unknown to you, except as a burden others seem to accept without question, like gullible fools.  Now add to this strange fantasy the ability to conceal from other people that your psychological makeup is radically different from theirs.  Since everyone simply assumes that conscience is universal among human beings, hiding the fact that you are conscience-free is nearly effortless.  You are not held back from any of your desires by guilt or shame, and you are never confronted by others for your cold-bloodlessness.  The ice water in your veins is so bizarre, so completely outside of their personal experience that they seldom even guess at your condition.”

…or – maybe, best of all – (you) create situations that cause them to feel bad about themselves.  And this is power, especially when the people you manipulate are superior to you in some way.  Most invigorating of all is to bring down people who are smarter or more accomplished than you, or perhaps classier, more attractive or popular or morally admirable.  This is not only good fun; it is existential vengeance.  And without a conscience, it is amazingly easy to do.”

“Provided you are not forcibly stopped, you can do anything at all If you are born at the right time, with some access to family fortune, and you have a special talent for whipping up other people’s hatred and sense of deprivation, you can arrange to kill large numbers of unsuspecting people.  With enough money, you can accomplish this from far away, and you can sit back safely and watch in satisfaction.  In fact, terrorism (done from a distance) is the ideal occupation for a person who is possessed of blood lust and no conscience, because if you do it just right, you may be able to make a whole nation jump.  And if that is not power, what is?”

Complete Article…

Antisocial Personality Disorder Overview (Written by Derek Wood, RN, BSN, PhD Candidate)

There currently is no form of psychotherapy that works with those with antisocial personality disorder, as those with this disorder have no desire to change themselves, which is a prerequisite.

Over time, she says, “their appearance of perfection will begin to crack,” but by that time you will have been emotionally and perhaps financially scathed.

Taken in part from MW — By Caroline Konrad — September 1999

Advertisements

385 thoughts on “Profile of a Narcissistic Sociopath – Charming, Manipulative, Grandiose, Lying, Authoritarian, Secretive, Divisive…

Kellye Beaubrun said:
    February 13, 2018 at 10:30 pm

My spouse and I stumbled over here by a different page and thought I may as well check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to going over your web page yet again.|

Kim Robertson said:
    April 18, 2018 at 4:57 am

I am a child of one of these monsters., she totally destroyed my life it has taken me many years to establish exactly what she is sad as it is it is a fact and it’s 71 she is still trying her best to drag me down to the ground as she has done too many other people her whole life

truthlover5 responded:
      April 18, 2018 at 11:03 am

Bless you. You’ve experienced a challenging life. When the one who is supposed to protect you betrays that trust, it is confusing and hurtful. Your mother will only change if she chooses to do so, and most that are cursed with
      this personality trait stay where they are because they don’t know how to change. They have to want to change.

Now, about you. I’m proud of you for surviving as you have. The only one over which you have control is YOU. How do you feel about yourself? Do you practice self-love where you love yourself without judgment, without guilt, and with compassion? That is how you are loved by the Divine. That is how you are to love yourself, so that you can love others as you love yourself. You are stronger because of your childhood. You can walk away to experience the life you prefer, while your mother is trapped with her personality 24/7.

How is your life? Are you living the life you want? Do you feel joy, and bliss? Are you living your dreams? I would love to work with you on your happiness. I also know you are loved. I know, without doubt, that you have the Great Love within you, eager to help co-create your life into your greatest desires. Go inside yourself. Ask for guidance. One of the most powerful prayers is “Help me!” Then trust the answers you receive.

There is a book that has information on how to better understand that Divine communication that is available for you without ceasing. Divine Messages from Jesus for a magnificent life, by Carolyne Cathey. https://carolynecathey.com/divine-messages-from-jesus/. This book isn’t about being any particular religion, but about the Eternal Truth of what is available to you. There is a chapter on Divine Communication on how you can tell the difference about your answers, whether ego or spiritual, and which to trust.

Thank you for your post. I care. Let me know how you are doing.

Truth

Shawna said:
    May 22, 2018 at 10:14 pm

I was raised by a narcissistic mother who was more than just a narcissist. I’ve become aware and am trying to over come. Unfortunately I didn’t become aware until I raised kids around narcissistic sociopaths so my son treats me the same way. I just split with my ex husband who is also a narcissistic sociopath. He’s how I found out what my mother was and why it’s so hurtful to live with my son. I’m left with legal charges from the split from the ex because he accused me of doing the things he’s always done to me, which I didn’t. He got physical but told the police it was me. Like every time, he’s kept things and left things so there’s a reason for future contact. I know that he’s toxic and that I can’t go back when this is all done. Unfortunately he’s so good at the game that I’m scared I won’t be able to ignore any attempts to contact me. I spent today out of work, which I can’t stand, and at the hospital. I have to see a surgeon in the morning and I pick up my new truck the day after. I cried because I couldn’t tell him and he wasn’t there with me…not that he ever was. I’m trying to rebuild again. I think that’s the way to move on and forward. I just don’t know how to stop thinking about him and pretending that this was ever anything more than him finding use in me.

truthlover5 responded:
      May 23, 2018 at 11:02 am

Bless your hurting heart that is on its way to healing. I know this for you, without doubt – YOU ARE LOVED! YOU HAVE A DIVINE POWER WITHIN YOU that, with your permission, will co-partner with you and guide you in the perfect solutions for you and your life.

How old is your son? The younger he is, the better chance you have for successfully opening his heart and mind to a better way – a better life.

You CAN rebuild again – in fact, you already are rebuilding. The power within you is wiser and more powerful than anything outside of you. You are a light being, created from love. Anytime we veer from that truth, we cause ourselves problems.

You can love your husband and son and mother and still know the truth about them. You can love them anyway – unconditional love – as we are loved by God. HOWEVER, that doesn’t mean you are a doormat and that you allow them to control you and your life – that is not love or loving – that is enabling bad behavior. You never give away your power to choose what is right for you (actually, giving away your power to someone else is also a choice).

Know this: There is one God, one Source, one Pure Wisdom, one Unlimited Supplier that supplies ALL of your needs, not a human. That means you turn to God for ALL things. And, once you ‘get’ Oneness, everything else falls in place. What that means is knowing and living the truth that your source is your Creator. Knowing that truth, and embodying it to the depth of your being, empowers you and lifts you right out of feeling victimized and powerless. You only remain a victim if you allow it.

You are created by and from your Creator with God-ingredients, which means you are magnificent! You are now feeling that truth stirring within you, speaking to you, urging you to have faith, and to trust in your Divine Guide. This inner urging is inspiring you to live YOUR life as intended, to make it the best it can be for YOU. You are not to make these changes alone. You are to ask for Divine help, truly listen, and act on the messages and guidance you receive. I believe you are already doing that, and the more you live this truth, the stronger you become.

Once you start living from and within this empowered guidance, you’ll discover that you are an ever-strengthening example of how to live. Every time you allow others to make your decisions for you, you are, in fact, enabling them, disempowering yourself, and verifying for them that their choices are the right ones, which means they never even consider changing into a better direction.

I’m not saying the path will be without conflict at first, but the more determined you are to do what is right and self-loving for you, the easier it becomes.

Self-love is crucial. If you don’t love yourself, how can you love others in a healthy, healing way? Self-love is NOT narcissism. Narcissists are really filled with fear and feelings of inadequacy and try too hard to show how wonderful they are by their false behavior. They get their strength by taking it from others.

So, how do you do this?

1) Prayer: Ask for Divine help. It is there for you 24/7, without fail – continuously. There is a great book on how to know when the answers you receive are real/spiritual, or false/ego. “Divine Messages from Jesus” by Carolyne Cathey. https://carolynecathey.com/divine-messages-from-jesus/. Basically, the Spiritual answers are love-based, encouraging you to grow and expand into an ever-greater life. False/ego answers are fear-based, telling you that the answers are only your imagination, etc. They are restricting answers, discouraging you from take the right actions to improve your life.

2) Seek out a support group for those who are abused; you might receive an insight from others who have suffered the same experiences. If you can’t find one locally, then go online. You might also check out your local churches. If there is a Center for Spiritual Living in your area, set up an appointment to visit with their Spiritual Coaches. Their mission is to help you realign with your own Inner Truth where your power and answers exist.

Remember, you are not alone. God is with you, and so am I.

Let me know how you are doing. I care.

Truth

truthlover5 responded:
      May 23, 2018 at 11:08 am

One other comment: Your mother, husband, son, know how to trigger you – what to say, do, threaten, how to demean, in their attempt to control you. You will know when you are taking back your power in that you no longer react to their triggers. They will keep trying to trigger. Stand strong in your truth.

Tlynn said:
        May 23, 2018 at 7:07 pm

This is so true . Show no reactions . Look up gray rock . My situation had degraded so badly that my son at 15 years old was grabbing my wrists while his sociopathic father watched and said nothing , he wanted my own son to hurt me. I have since divorced and helped this son move out on his own , he doesn’t respect me because his father taught him this. Shawna you can do this . I was literally on my knees but I got out . Like the comment above says they will keep trying to trigger you and you end up looking like the crazy one that nobody believes . Take care!

truthlover5 responded:
        May 23, 2018 at 8:17 pm

I’m proud of you for what you’ve accomplished! Thank you for sharing about Gray Rock. I’m putting a link to the site on the home page.